Saturday, October 14, 2017

A painting goes to a hospital!

I was pleased to find out that my painting "Nature's Cathedral" was chosen for the Momentos Juried Show which originated from the Owen Sound Hospital.  50 paintings were chosen to hang in several hospitals in the Owen Sound area.  It will be interesting to see which one it will hang in, for the duration of a year.  I submitted a short paragraph about my "Canadian Moment" as well, which will hang with the painting.  Here is the moment I chose:

On a warm, brilliant autumn day I go walking leisurely through our maple bush with my family.  Leaves rustle under our feet.  Squirrels scamper to their hideouts.  Our laughter rises to the tree tops.  Does life get any better than this?  But then we turn a random corner and come to a sudden stop.  Before us is a blaze of gold and red, that God himself created for us in our own maple cathedral--  this is my Canadian moment!

"Nature's Cathedral"
acrylic
30 x 20

No comments: