Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring Painting Classes

After a long, busy winter, with the Saugeen Artists Store participation before Christmas, and lovely family time in the south, I am back at my easel!  

I have also decided to offer painting classes again, at my church.  A few local artists have been enjoying some informal lessons with me, and there seems to be enough interest to expand these so that anyone can attend.  Tuesday mornings at Chesley Community Church have been "Open Art Studio" days, where anyone can bring a craft, a painting, or even a knitting project to our Craft Room where we work together, drink coffee and have lots of laughs.  These are open to anyone, with no charge.  We talk about our work, and share the results.  

The three lessons I'm planning will be a little more formal, and last from 9:30 to 3:30.  The dates are April 4, May 2, and June 6 (the first Tuesday of the month).  There should be time to finish a small painting, or at least know how to finish it at home.   Or bring it back the next Tuesday!  Each day there will be a different painting theme.  

If you are interested, please email or call to reserve your space.  See more information under the "Classes" tab of the blog menu.  

I think the first class should be on flowers.......
but which one???
 








2 comments:

Brenda Smith said...

Gorgeous Kathie. Congrats. What a wonderful honor for you. Hoping to come to Hanover sometime in May.

Kathie Wright said...

Thanks, Brenda! And I'd love to see you! Just tell me when. Would you bring the old guy? He could visit with mine.