Sunday, April 29, 2018

A tribute to Toronto heritage......

This painting is from a photo I have taken repeatedly when I  visit the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) in Toronto.  I love the long line of beautiful old homes across from the gallery.  I did another painting a few years ago of the house with the purple trim.  But I wanted to show it with its neighbours this time, and with a modern biker as a contrast.  It would be easy to ride past these regal homes with a familiarity that could make us blind to their history.  Many of them have been turned into retail buildings, including a couple of art galleries and restaurants.  I love painting buildings, with all the angles and posts and shapes.  It's a challenge!  I changed the perspective a bit to make the homes look like they are very tall and we are looking way up at them.  The biker really was there too, but further along the road.  I moved him/her where I wanted!

"Riding Past Royalty"
acrylic
24 X 18