Saturday, March 31, 2012

Art and Grandchildren



For Olivia............




I promised Olivia months ago that I would do a painting for her.  She requested flowers, particularly pink and purple.  I started this just before Christmas, but finally finished it for her just before March Break.  She loves any arts and crafts, and did a painting over the Break that was to go on her bedroom wall.  Here it is!




There'e no problem distinguishing the focal point here!  Everything points to the whale, and we are left wondering why it's so sad.  Olivia could tell you.



For Benjamin.......


This was an item I painted for a fundraiser last year.  I knew that if it didn't sell for the literacy program, I had someone on my Christmas list who would like it!  So it went under the Christmas tree for Ben.  And now Ben, just in grade one, has been trying his hand at the arts, with great success too.  Here is his work of art over the Break...........



Did you notice that Ben painted some bushes behind the figure, so it overlaps? 


No comments: