Sunday, March 8, 2015

Counting More Sheep.....

I've been on a roll with the sheep theme in three more paintings.  If you really want to learn how something looks, try drawing or painting it!  Sheep are such interesting characters to draw.  It would be fun to do caricatures of them, but I have refrained.  They already have personalities.  These three pieces will be part of my display in the show "All Things Bright and Beautiful" at the L.E.Shore Library in Thornbury. The show will be from April 4 to 29, with a reception on Sunday, April 12 from 2:00 to 4:00.

The first painting is of a scene I photographed somewhere in Bruce County.  I stuck closely to the original composition, which I liked right away as it was.  The fence in the front is added, and of course the colours are creative!  I thoroughly enjoyed painting this scene.  The sheep seemed to give it a particular character, right from the beginning.  The painting is quite large, almost 3 feet wide.



"The sheep listen to His voice"
acrylic
20 X 32

The next two are smaller, a foot square.  They were great practice for studying sheep as individuals.


"Contentment"
acrylic
12 X 12


"Looking to the Shepherd"
acrylic
12 X 12



No comments: