After working on it at home for a while, this is what I came up with:
I had changed the roof colour and simplified the landscape, then I let it rest for a while. I played with it once in a while in the next couple of months, but was never happy with it. It was so boring! Finally I got interested in adding sheep to it, and found lots of sheep photos in my references that I have always wanted to try out. I still wasn't happy with it, until I went to a more whimsical style that I have quite enjoyed working with, and this is the final result: It's so much more interesting!
It will be in the L. E. Shore library Gallery during the show I am doing with Aggie Stretch and Sheila Bannerman for the month of April this year, alongside some other sheep-ish pieces!